Fish has been vital for human health and has been farmed since ancient times. There are many types of fish eaten today, most common of which is Salmon. Read about the best salmon recipe below.
Salmon is of a number of species, one of which is migratory Atlantic and five are from the Pacific Ocean. The flesh of salmon is mostly pink in color but can vary between red and orange.
The two types; sockeye and chinook are fatty than chum and pink, suitable for fillets and steaks, and coho falls in between. Pink salmon is usually used in canned foods.
Salmon is a good source of omega 3 fatty acid, vitamins, protein, and minerals.
Skillet Seared Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
Skillet Seared Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce is an easy, quick and appetizing recipe. It gives the fish a crisp texture, keeping the inside tender and juicy. This dish is restaurant worthy, which you can cook in less than 20 minutes. You can even serve it with brown rice.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1-inch thick salmon fillets (skinless): 4 (6oz)
- Salt and black pepper (freshly ground)
- Olive oil: 2 tsp
- Garlic cloves (minced): 2
- Chicken broth (low-sodium): ¼ cup
- Lemon juice (fresh): 2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter: 3 ½ tbsp
- Honey: ½ tsp
- Fresh parsley (minced): 2tbsp
- Lemon slices (optional) for garnish
- Take out the salmon from the cooler and let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the sauce.
- To make the sauce, melt ½ tbsp of butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add garlic to it and fry for about 1 to 2 minutes, until it turns light golden brown.
- Then add lemon juice and chicken broth to it.
- Let it simmer, for about 3 minutes, so that it is reduced to 3tbsp.
- Add butter and honey to it.
- Stir using a whisk so that it is uniform.
- Then set it aside.
- Dab dry the sides of salmon with a paper towel.
- Season its both sides with black pepper and salt.
- In a non-stick skillet, add olive oil and heat it over medium flame.
- When the oil shimmers, add salmon to it and cook for almost 4 minutes on that side until it turns golden brown.
- Then flip it and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until it’s cooked through
- Dish out the salmon in a plate, leaving the oil, and on each serving pour the butter sauce properly.
- Sprinkle so e parsley on it.
- Garnish some lemon slices if you desire.
- Serve immediately.
- Total calories: 347
- Calories from fat: 189
- Total fat: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 116 mg
- Sodium: 81 mg
- Potassium: 856 mg
- Total carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Iron: 8.2%
- Calcium: 2.8%
- Vitamin A: 9.9%
- Vitamin C: 7.1%
If you wish for an even more rich sauce, all you have to do is to add in a couple of tablespoons of extra butter. But the already added 3 ½ tablespoons are good enough and will keep it healthy. So, try out this quick recipe for dinner and enjoy juicy, saucy salmon with some delicious flavors using least number ingredients.
Also read: Easy Dinner Recipe for beginners