Have you ever tried fat bombs? Especially, ones with chocolate and coconut oil? If no, then now is the time to try them.
Fat bombs are simply little snacks or bites that have a high ratio of healthy fats and a low ratio of other macronutrients like carbohydrates and proteins. They normally have 85% fat and are sweet in taste. Also, they promote ketosis and keep your stomach full for a longer time.
Also Read: Keto blueberry muffin
Here, is an incredible recipe for keto chocolate fat bombs with coconut oil for you. These fat bombs are a perfect bite for people on a paleo, ketogenic or low carb diet. And with coconut oil, they have some additional benefits.
Keto Chocolate Fat Bombs
For this recipe, all you need are 5 ingredients and only 10 minutes of prep time. With little effort, you will get delicious keto chocolate fat bombs. The combined flavour of coconut oil and Macadamia nuts are incredible and will leave you with wanting more.
Pulse or puree macadamia nuts in a high-power blender or food processor until most of the nuts are broken down.
Now add melted coconut oil, MCT oil, and vanilla extract into the blender with nuts.
Pulse or puree until a fine batter of nuts and oil forms. Try to make it smooth but it is not a problem if some small pieces of nuts remain. Scrape the sides down whenever necessary.
Gradually add the sweetener and cocoa powder, a couple of tablespoons at a time. Pulse every time you add more, until smooth.
Using parchment liners, line a small muffin pan.
Spoon or pour the mixture into each liner, evenly. Fill them about one-third of the way.
Freeze until solid, approximately 30 minutes.
- Use salted nuts. If you have unsalted, add a little amount of sea salt to them.
- You can skip MCT oil and use coconut oil instead of it. It will give the fat bombs more firmness.
- You cannot skip coconut oil and rather use MCT oil because it will the batter too runny.
- You have a choice in case of the sweeteners. You can either use powdered monk fruit or powdered erythritol.
- A powdered is most preferable, as a granulated one will add grains to the bombs and a liquid one will make them too runny.
- These chocolate fat bombs can be stored in a fridge or freezer. But a freezer is preferable.
- Because of the MCT oil the melt easily, so pack them with an ice pack and they will be fine.
Nutritional facts per serving
- Total calories: 122
- Fat: 13 g
- Total Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Net carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
Here was an incredible chocolate fat bombs keto recipe. It is quick, easy, and delicious. Make them for a snack time and enjoy the salty flavor of nuts mixed with coconut oil and give yourself a treat.